Know Your Rights
How to Prepare for ICE raids!
At your jobsite & How to Support your EmployeeS
A new era of immigration enforcement is coming. There are approximately 11 million people living in the U.S. without documentation; employers in industries like construction, agriculture, and hospitality are likely to have undocumented workers on staff. Here’s how employers can follow the law, protect themselves, and support their workers
May 16, 2017
4:00pm – 6:00pm
Location: Marin Builders Association
660 Las Gallinas Ave., San Rafael
Kuhelbreez HR Consulting
Employers: Preparation and Prevention
I-9 documents – regulations and requirements
· I- 9 in house audit
· E-verify – new hires
· What are your rights if ICE comes to your place of business?
· What to do if ICE shows up at your off campus work sites.
Supporting your employees: Home Invasions: presented by Hilda Castillo – Marin Latino Leaders
· Preparation and Prevention
· What to do if ICE comes to your employees’ home?
· Who do ICE targeting?
1. Domestic Violence Instances
2. DUI and arrest records
Canal Alliance resources - presented by a rep from legal services of the Canal Alliance
School Invasions: presented by Marin County School District rep
· What to do if ICE comes to the schools.
· How to help the students with family concerns?
· Have a plan in place.
In partnership with:
Marin Builders Association and San Rafael Chamber